Our little story's

Our little story's

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Family Day with the Elephants

This past Saturday Benny, Pax, bun in the oven and I went out for a family day at an elephant park. Many of you probably don't know this but Pax has a minor obsession with elephants. Thailand also has a minor obsession with elephants so so they are everywhere! Naturally everywhere we turn Pax is imitating the elephant sound, so we thought it would be fun to introduce him to the real thing. When we got there he was a little nervous to approach them but he warmed up to them quickly. Although he wouldn't let them get to close to him. We also went on a 1 hour elephant ride through the jungle. It sounds much more glamorous than it is. It was fun but I'm not sure that I would do it again. Pax fell asleep about 15min into the ride so Benny and I held him and ourselves on. This can get tricky when your elephant is going up and down large hills. All in all it was a great day. Here are some pic's we took to capture the memory. we do have one of us all on the elephant but of course we had to buy that one from the park so we will have to show it to you when we get home :).





3 comments:

  1. I'm assuming this is the same elephant park we went to? I HATED the ride. Our elephant was really mad the whole time. All I could think about was how bad it would hurt if he decided to charge through the jungle or roll over. I'm glad you got to go though! I wouldn't take it back, just wouldn't do it again. The park was really fun. Can't wait to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benny's face in that one picture is hysterical! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man!!! I love reading yalls blog!! Thanks for posting sooo much stuff!! :) Praying for yall and miss you guys a TON!!!!! :)

    LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete