Our little story's

Our little story's

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Communication is Key

Today we have been in Thailand for 4 days and have already seen how frustrating the lack of communication with the Thai can be. The Thia's are so kind and want nothing more than to please you but not being able to communicate is just hard. I have wanted many times to tell the lady that brought us our food how much we appreciate her or the man that drives us how greatful we are but all I can say is thank you. Benny and I have tried many times to say more or ask questions and they just don't understand what we are saying. It reminded me of the Tower of Babel. First of all, how genius was it for God to confuse their language to make them obey because if you can't communicate with someone not much can be accomplished. So there was NO tower being built when no one could work together to get it done. Secondly, how sad it is to look another human being in the eyes and want terribly to love on them with words but have NO way of doing that. Sure there is body language but that only goes so far before people are confused or give up. We have learned that learning the language is imperative to our ministry here. This country is in terrible need for Christ but we need the right tools (language) to do that. We look forward to moving here and enrolling in language school!!

That was on my heart today and I wanted to share. I hope all of you are doing well! We have several appointments this week so I will update you on how those go.

Much Love

1 comment: