Our little story's

Our little story's

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

That quiet and still voice

As many of you know my body has been preparing for birth for the last three weeks. Currently I am dialated to a 3 and efaced at 80%. This has been a foriegn process to me. I know what you are thinking, "You've already done this before, how can it be foriegn?" but with Paxton things happened much differently. To give you a little history; my water broke at 36 weeks with Paxton and I felt little to no contractions by the time I was admitted to the hospital and given an epidural. It all happened so fast that I wasn't ever aware of how fortunate I was. I say fortunate because many women don't ever experience their waters breaking. When your water breaks it is an absolute "I am in labor" sign from God and means you go to the hospital immediately. When your cervix is changing and body is preparing it could take weeks, I'm exibit A. With Mr. Bennett things have happened opposite for me which has taught me many lessons about myself. Everyone tells you the natural ways to induce labor: walk, have intercourse, eat spicy foods, wait on a full moon etc... But i can assure you I have done EVERYTHING and I'm now convinced that there is a set time no matter what you try doing. Today on one of my walks (attempt to induce labor) I heard that still and quiet voice say to me, " be patient my beloved, I know whats best." It brought me to tears. Here I am frantically walking at wilson park at 8am, while Benny is playing with Pax on the playground, crying because one side of me wants so desperatley for today to be the day and then the other wants to just be at peace and let nature take its course. Im sure the few people I passed thought I was an over emotional prego. A few scriptures kept coming to mind as I made my way around the park. Paul says in phillipians 4 that he "learned" the secret of contentment. How many times and how many ways will God use this specific passage to speek VOLUMES to my heart. I am learning the secret of contentment in pregnancy and I need to be content with where I am. Paul goes on to say content in plenty and in want. I need to be content in my want to have a baby even though today is not the day. Another scripture that spoke to me this morning was the one that speaks about there being a time under the sun for everything; a time to dance, a time to cry, a time to laugh etc. (I don't know the exact wording or reference but God kept saying to me there is a time under the sun). I can't imagine going through any of this without Gods voice in my ear speaking to my soul. It hurts to know there are women and men for that matter that are out there struggeling with life without knowing that voice that can calm your soul. Why is it that I feel so lost without that voice speaking to me, yet I know without a doubt there are souls around me that have never heard that voice. How empty that must be. I hope that there will be a woman in the near future that comes into my life feeling lost because of pregnancy and I am able to minister to her through my experiences with my children. I want people to know the hope of that still and quiet voice! I want them to be able to hear it and gain that unexplainable peace I have gained today from listening. There is a time under the sun for all things and contentment CAN be learned. What a great and mighty God I serve!
Thankyou Jesus for speaking to me today and helping me wait on you for the arrival of our little Bennett.

Now I am off to play with my little Paxton!
I Hope everyone has a great Wednesday
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment