So as most of you know I have been trying to get my little Pax to take a bottle for a few weeks now. I would try and give him one bottle a day but every time he would fight me and refuse. Last Monday Benny and I got an idea; Benny would feed him with a bottle the first feeding every morning for a week. Each morning I would get up (6am style of course) and pump a bottle while Benny changed Pax and got him ready to eat. Then Benny would feed him. The first few days he only took a couple of ounces and I would finish feeding him but by day 4 he was taking it like a champ! For the entire week we fed him his first and most of the time second feedings with the bottle and it worked. It has been a full week now and big boy takes a bottle from anyone, even me! I can't tell you what an answered prayer this is and how exciting it is to know I can leave him with the grandparents and not worry that he'll get hungry. Thank you Lord for listening to our prayers and helping us to be patient through the tears. So to anyone that is struggeling with bottle feeding their little one, I've been there, don't get discouraged just keep trying. If its anything like my situation you will need to have a very patient husband that is a good encourager to help you get through it. Thank you Benny for being such a helper to me. I love you.
Pax~ mommy is so glad that you finally understand how to drink from a bottle. I knew you could do it. I look forward to teaching you many new things in the future. I LOVE YOU
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment