Our little story's

Our little story's

Monday, August 9, 2010

Potty Training.......MY ENEMY!

Today began day 1 of potty training with big boy underwear and frequent trips to the bathroom. Let me start by saying this task of UN-teaching your child to pee/poo poo in his diaper to training him to use the potty is the HARDEST thing I've ever tried to do. We have already been through 4 pairs of underwear and I started this at 9am. That's right 4 and it's only noon. I have been taking him to the potty every 15min. Sometimes I have to bring books in to keep him seated on the toile for more than 5 seconds. The times he has gone potty in his big boy undies it has also been seconds from getting off the toilet seat. This has left me dazed, confused and frustrated! I need some fresh ideas. I'm worn out and have already given in to the diaper. I know some of you are probably disappointed that I only went half a day in big boy underwear but I am still continuing the trips to the bathroom every 15min or so. If you have a suggestions I would love to hear them. HELP HELP HELP :)

1 comment:

  1. Would pull ups help? It's the sense of big boy undies bc you pull them up and down but if he has an accident you're not scrubbing floors and changing outfits 5 times a day.
    Maybe start with pooping in the potty? Does he have a tell tell sign that lets you know he's about to poop? It may be easier to get him to realize what's going on with the toilet that way.
    I have no idea if these suggestions will work but worth a shot? haha

    ReplyDelete